I popped that sucker off: California woman eats engagement ring in her sleep

A California woman had to go to urgent care and undergo surgery after removing her engagement ring and swallowing it in her sleep.

Jenna Evans, 29, was dreaming last Wednesday that she and her fiancé, Bob Howell, were on a high-speed train being chased by “bad guys,” when she swallowed the ring to keep it safe from the villains, according to a Facebook post.

Unfortunately, Evans was sleep-walking at the time and gulped the the 2.4-carat diamond ring down with a glass of water. “I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water riiiight about the time I realized what I was doing,” she remembered.

When she discovered the ring was gone the next morning, Evans was overcome with emotion. “I don’t think he believed me right away,” Evans said of when she told Howell. “We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half,” and then realized they would have to go to the hospital. “It took a while to recover from the laughing to figure out what we should do.”

“I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing/crying so hard,” Evans recounted. A flabbergasted doctor confirmed with an X-ray that the ring was indeed inside Evans, who said, “At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous.”

Deciding that it would unwise to “let nature take its course,” a gastroenterologist decided to remove the ring with an upper endoscopy, for which Evans was required to sign release forms in the case of her death. “Then I cried a lot because I would be SO MAD if I died,” she wrote.

The procedure went swimmingly, however, and Evans’s ordeal has since exploded in popularity. “I also had no idea this would go viral – please be kind. I didn’t do it on purpose and I’m not trying to change the world here, just share a funny story and hopefully a good belly laugh. Pun intended.”